Below is our Oct 2011 Eco-Sense update as sent out to our email list. We now have over 400 people on our Eco-Sense list. Many on this list are not active on facebook or twitter, so we send out an occasional update to keep in touch with folks. Here it is.
Gord and I have been very active lately posting on our www.eco-sense.ca
website/blog as well as getting a fair bit of press and magazine coverage. Our blog has become our focus and the eco-sense.ca
link will now take you there…the old website is of course still viewable from our blog (lower left hand side)
We have also been very active posting on Facebook and Twitter…yes we have broke down and now actually know what a tweet is. Videos have also been consolidated and there is a video section on our blog… with links to all kinds of videos taken over the years and even in the last few weeks. So, in light of all these changes, we thought it was time to send a quick email to our Eco-Sense list to keep you up to date.
- Canadian Geographic magazine Oct 2011 edition is on news-stands now…a short snippet on us and our home, with two pages of photos, and the same for the Energy Diet Challenge families.
- Island Gals is a new magazine. Ann has been writing an article for this quarterly publication. You can pick it up where other such magazines can be found around town. Oct issue (currently Free) has just hit the boxes and Ann’s article has been very well received so far. Let us know what you think.
- Goldstream News Gazette – Losing Inches on a Carbon Wasteline – Highlands eco-gurus advise on national home energy contest by Charla Huber. Discusses our involvement in the Canadian Geographic Energy Diet Challenge.
- Four recent posts on the Canadian Geographic Energy Diet Challenge Website
- More video blogs just posted on our website in the video section and some photos of our newly completed Carbon Neutral Patio and cob oven built onto the earth sheltered Greenhouse.
- A couple articles from Quebec… on our method of building earthen floors…anyone read french?
On October 17th, from 7-9pm
Gord is doing a presentation in Victoria on the research on our cob home for the BC Sustainable Energy Association. Event is Free. Check out the BCSEA events page
for more details.
The Eco-Sense blog also has a new research section
where the Cascadia Report, and the full Science report can be viewed and downloaded.
And finally a list of the interesting videos that we have encountered lately…the world is a very interesting place these days…if you have the time I highly recommend watching these videos.
Our best to everybody,
Ann and Gord