1 – Get to know your land.
- What is your climate zone?
- How much space?
- What is your starting soil condition?
- How much sun?
- Do you have micro climates (hot spots, cold spots, wet spots, dry spots, etc?
- What do you already have? Trees, shrubs, ground covers, annual gardens, pathways, lawn, etc.
2 – What do you like to eat?
3 – Do you like processing food? Drying? Fermenting? Canning?
4 – Will you stagger your crops for a long harvest season?
5 – Will you design and plant yourself? If not there are good companies around the Victoria, BC area to help you.
- Hatchet And Seed
- Edible Landscape Design
- Eco-Sense; We can give you some tips when you come to buy plants
Here’s Our TOP list of Perennial Edible Plants: