Eco-Sense December Update – Ann and Gord’s thoughts
Over the last several months we have felt disconnected with all that has been going on around us with nobody speaking our language or sharing common thoughts. This is probably because we haven’t been doing tours and have been keeping to ourselves. December brings an interesting twist with the mass efforts around the Copenhagen talks, talks with which we followed with the fervor of a crazed Olympic supporter… right down to the “finished” line, or the “we failed” line.
Highlights of the last two weeks
- Michael M’gonigle wrote some great articles in the Tyee
- Amy Goodman on Democracy Now had two weeks of awesome coverage from inside the Bella Centre in Copenhagen and out on the streets
- James Hansen had a great interview on CBC’s the Current.
- Amy Goodman’s interview with Bolivian President Evo Morales , and another with Naomi Klein.
- Naomi Klein’s analysis from Dec 17th and Hilary Clinton’s US position – see below
- Article by Gwyne Dyer – see belowClick here to read more 2009 12 December Update – a Copenhagen x-mas
- Nursery - Resilient Food Forestry April 28, 2018 at 10:00 am – 2:00 pm 3295 Compton Rd., Victoria, BC Purchasing? Drive up and park at the Nursery. Walking the gardens? Please park at the bottom and walk up. Thanks
- Resilient Food Systems April 29, 2018 at 9:00 am – 12:00 pm Mud Room at Eco-Sense, 3295 Compton Rd, Victoria, BC DESCRIPTION Explore the different food producing trees that are ideal for OUR climate and YOUR home and lifestyle. Presentation with Q&A to learn about fruit trees, nut trees, berries bushes, vines and support plants to create a sustianing eco-system to nurish the land, our bellies, and our souls. Answer such plant questions as soil types,…
- Nursery - Resilient Food Forestry May 5, 2018 at 10:00 am – 2:00 pm 3295 Compton Rd., Victoria, BC Purchasing? Drive up and park at the Nursery. Walking the gardens? Please park at the bottom and walk up. Thanks